Laboratory Vane Shear Test
The test, is performed as per IS : 2720 (Part XXX), is suitable for estimation of undrained shear strength of cohesive soils of low shear strength. The equipment listed below satisfies the requirements of IS : 2720 (Part XXX).
Laboratory Vane Shear Apparatus, Hand Operated
The apparatus comprises of the following :-
- A torque applicator having a base with a hole for holding the specimen mould in position, supporting frame carrying torque head adjustable in height and a graduated drum to measure the deformation of springs.
- A set of four springs, one each of 2 kg cm, 4 kg cm, 6 kg cm and 8 kg cm.
- A vane of size 12.0 x 24.0 mm long with a vane rod.
- Specimen container to take a specimen of 50 mm dia x 75 mm high.
- Wooden carrying case for the complete apparatus.