Consolidation (IS 2720 - Pt IV)
The unit consists of an aluminum cast body, and a lever with the loading ratio of 1:10. Loading yoke has self aligned bearing for proper transfer of load on the specimen. Beam is fitted with counter balance weight while the body has a screw jack , for jerk less loading on the specimen through the beam. Horizontal clearance have been so maintained that the unit accommodates cells with specimen up to 100mm diameter.
Three Gang Bench Type Consolidometer (Front loading)
It is same as HS18.30 except that the unit have 3 loading machines instead of one. The unit comprises:
Loading Unit 20 kg/cm² capacity – 3 No.
Consolidation cell 60mm x 20mm height – 3 No.
Dial gauge 5 x 0.002mm – 3 No.
Set of Weights (Stress – up to 10kg/cm²) – 3 Sets
Electronic Bench Type Consolidometer (Front Loading)
Same as HS18.30 except that the data is displayed and acquired on electronic unit. Test is performed as per IS:2720 (Part-XV). The unit comprises:
Loading Unit capacity 20kg/cm²
Consolidation cell – 1No.
60mm x 20mm height – 1No.
Displacement sensors 10 x 0.001 mm – 1No.
Set of Weights upto 10kg/cm² – 1Set
Digital display with RS232 and one L.V.D.T. of ± 10 mm – 1No.
Electronic, Three Gang Bench Type Consolidometer (Front Loading)
Same as HS18.35 except that the data is displayed and acquired in the digital electronic system. Unit conforms to IS:2720 (Part-XV). It comprises of :
Loading Unit capacity 20kg/cm² – 3No.
Consolidation cell 60mm x 20mm height – 3No.
Displacement sensors ±10 mm x 0.001mm – 3No.
Digital display unit – 1No.
Set of Weights (Stress – up to 10kg/cm²) – 3 Set
Electronic Data Acquisition System For The Consolidation Test Equipment
Electronics units have a micro processor controlled digital display. In case of single channel only one channel is displayed and for multiple channels readings in direct engineering units are displayed as programmed through keyboard. Time recording is on vt basis where as consolidation is measured directly in mm.
Electronic Touch Panel Display Unit
The Three-channel micro controller based signal conditioning and touch panel display unit is attached to the Single/ Three-Gang Bench Type Consolidation Test Equipment. The deformation is measured by LVDT’s and is directly indicated in its respective engineering unit. The system receives the output signal from the displacement sensors attached to the three-gang bench type consolidation test equipment. The data of all three channels from three-gang bench type consolidation test equipment can be viewed and transferred to computer through RS-232/ Ethernet on square root time basis and can be online monitored also. Also, data for a completed single channel can be retrieved from data acquisition system while other channels are still working.
The Unit also provides the facility of online monitoring of data of single/ three channels on Touch panel based display.
Touch panel is provided to perform various operations such as TARE, PROGRAMMING, START, STOP etc.
Broadly the following facilities are incorporated in the system:-
- Independent Displacement channel for each consolidation equipment.
- Independent digital display for each channel.
- Data storing on vt basis.
- Automatic data saving on stop button.
- Online date and time of test will be stored along with the data.
- On line (while the test is in progress) data transfer to the computer which will be stored in the computer with a particular file name.
- Data can be down loaded to the computer after the test, which will be stored even after the power is off.
1. Linear Variable Differential Transformer (LVDT) Type:-
- Stroke : ± 10mm
- Resolution : 0.001mm
The software is windows based and user friendly. It has following features:-
- Data Acquisition from Signal Conditioning Unit to Computer
- Off-Line Data Analysis Software that does all the calculations of Consolidation Test.
- Calculates Dry Density, Initial Void Ratio and moisture Content of specimen.
- Display the following Plots (Graphical)
(a) Sq. Root Time vs Deformation Readings and gives the value of t90
(b) Void Ratio vs Effective Stress and also gives the values in the tabular form
(c) Calculates CC, aV, mV, CV, CS values for all stress increments.
(d) Also gives the Past Consolidation Pressure for the soil.
Note : Computer does not form part of the supply.
Digital Consolidation Test Apparatus
Automatic Digital oedometer/consolidation testing system conforming to IS 2720 Pt (XV)n& BS 1377, is suitable to conduct incremental consolidation test and swell tests through standalone touch screen graphic display and embedded data acquisition system or computer software. It is totally automatic system where loading and unloading is controlled and maintained by rotation of micro stepper motor or pneumatic actuator eliminating hanging of dead weight arrangement used in conventional consolidation apparatus. The system is operated and follows the user defined stress pattern/ increments given by the user for loading and unloading pattern without further intervention by operator and is maintained on feed back basis by signal received from the load cell.
Unit comprises of :
Loading Frame – 20kN capacity – 1 No.
Consolidation cell 60mm x 20mm ht – 1 No.
Dedicated Computer – 1 No.
Displacement Sensor ±10 x 0.001mm – 1 No.
Load cell capacity 20kN – 1 No.
Control Software is the integral part of the system for precise controlling & Data Acquisition and reporting of test results.
- Programmable Stress levels for automatic incremental consolidation test and swell tests with excess pore water pressure measuremen
- Programmable Sample Parameter and data saving interval
- Independent Taring of each channel
- Facility to Load and Unload the specimen
- Facility for Inching and release for adjustment of the gap
- On-line display of readings of Load, Normal stress, Deformation, Time etc.
- Real time Plots of vt vs. Deformation curves or Pore pressure for current stress level as well as for all stress level
- Auto adjustment of graph scales
- Facility to save the data after the test
- Data Analysis Software that does all the calculations of Consolidation and Swell tests
- Analysis module that does all the calculations of Consolidation Test
– Calculates Dry Density, Initial Void Ratio and moisture Content of specimen.
– Display the following Plots (Graphical)
a) Sq. Root Time vs Deformation Readings and gives the value of t50/ t90 for various pressure increments
b) Void Ratio vs Effective Stress (e log p curve) and also gives the values in the tabular form
c) Stress vs Strain curve for various pressure increments
– Calculates CC, aV, mV, CV, CS and co-efficient of permeability (k) for various pressure
– Calculate CC and CS for given soil samples from e-log p curve
– Calculate pre consolidation pressure from e-log p curve
– Calculate field compression index
Dedicated Computer with Controlling and Data Acquisition Card.
(Note – Computer with latest configuration will be supplied)
Hydraulic consolidometer (Rowe Type Consolidation Cells)
Heico’s Hydraulic Consolidometers are available for conducting consolidation tests on smaller to larger sized soil specimens under saturated condition with the application of back pressure. A check on the degree of saturation can be performed. The pore pressure dissipation during consolidation can be measured under various simulated drainage conditions namely, one-way, two-way, radial in-wards or radial outwards. The consolidation pressure can be applied through a flexible diaphragm to simulate field consolidation under uniform pressure or under uniform deformation. Deformations volume changes and pressures are measured with a great degree of precision. The hydraulic Consolidometer opens up a vast research potential of theoretical and applied nature on offshore and onshore soft to stiffer clays.
Heico hydraulic consolidation cells come in different models for small to large diameters of samples. Since the loading is through pneumatics, drainage can be precisely controlled.
Various methods of drainage and loading conditions can be applied to the specimen. Basically cells of three different sizes are available. Each type can with stand a pressure of 10 bars. No-volume change valves are fixed at top plate, bottom plate and in the middle for different combination of test requirements.
Pneumatic Control Panel Complete with Air Compressor
HS28.118 Pneumatic Control Panel complete with air compressor The unit have precision pressure regulators for controlling confining pressure, back pressure. Capacity: 10.5 kg/sq cm.
HL102.05 AIR COMPRESSORS, 10 Kg/sq.cm.
It is a single stage compressor fitted over an air receiver. ON-OFF switch. pressure gauge and pressure outlet valve are provided as standard. Suitable for operation on 220 volt 50 Hz, single phase supply.