While choosing steel tubing for use in hydraulic equipment, various factors should be considered. If chosen for the right application and use at the right time, steel tubing could prove to be very beneficial for any industrial usage. While choosing a steel tubing, the strength, form, and consistency of the steel must be considered. Some other factors that should be considered are:
- Size of the Tube: Size here denotes the radius/ diameter of the tube. It is important to determine the size of the tube to be used in the machine. For example, some machines require a thick tube with a bigger diameter while some others will function better if a smaller tube with lesser width is used. This will determine the efficiency and effectiveness of the work of the machine. The use of improperly sized tubes, on the other hand, will act as a hindrance in the functioning of the machine and make it unfit for industrial usage.
- Temperature of the Tube: The tube has to function in the heat and humidity that is already persisting in the environment. To ensure that the tube can operate properly, the temperature inside the tube must be maintained. If an adequate temperature is not maintained, the tube will lose its shape and will not be able to accumulate the product.
- Application: Before selecting any particular steel tube, its future applications must be properly and thoroughly analysed. If the machinery has to be put to heavier use, a different type of tube will be used inside it. For example, if the tube has to be used in a hydraulic cutting machine, the steel should be very thick and of high quality.
- Media: This simply means the type or the category that will be used inside the tube. This plays a very important role in determining how the machine functions. If the media and the tube are not fit for use with each other, the machine will breakdown and cause a lot of mess. It might even hurt the workers. In the case of hydraulic cutting machines,high temperatures are generated from the machine. If the steel tube melts due to the temperature, the machine will become useless. Hence, the media and the tube should be compatible with each other.
- Pressure: Pressure, in this case, denotes atmospheric pressure as well as the pressure that the liquid flowing inside the tube will exert on its walls. The walls of the tube should be made of steel that can bear the exact amount if exerted pressure. If it is done improperly, the tube might explode due to over pressure and injure the people around the hydraulic equipment.
To sum up
Although hydraulic equipment is one of the greatest and most useful inventions of all times, if the elements used inside this equipment are not proper, these might turn out to be a big hazard for the users. So, while choosing the elements, the person should do a thorough study and be very careful.