Soil is an integral topographical feature on Earth’s surface. It is an irreplaceable component that finds multiple applications in all fields. The construction procedure remains incomplete without the use of soil in it. The laying down of bricks cannot find proper strength if the concrete does not have a tincture of soil mixed with it. The soil testing equipment will give the detailed identity of the soil. Moreover, in an agriculture-dominated country like India, life remains incomplete without the involvement of the soil.
Agriculture is an intricate process that involves the proper evaluation of the soil type, moisture, and many other factors. The results depict the crops that can be grown in the particular soil. The nature of soil also varies with different geographical locations. The hilly regions have black soil, while the plains have more laterite soils. The soil testing equipment for agriculture helps evaluate the nature of the soil found in a particular region and then choose the variety of crops grown in them.
Why Go for Soil Testing?
- The nutrient content in our conventional crops is getting declined. The reason behind this is the overuse of soil for growing a large number of crops simultaneously. The use of chemical fertilizers has also created havoc in the area of agriculture. Before sowing the seeds of the next crop, the farmer should test his soil. Then he can have an idea about the present quality of the soil. It will help him to ascertain the type of crop to grow and the preventive measures that he can take to prevent soil degradation.
- The scope of soil fertility improvement is high with soil test-based agriculture management. The soil testing gives the exact contents of the nutrients in the soil. It will help the farmers to get accurate fertilizer recommendations for the soil in their field. It would also enhance the nutrient quantity of the soil and makes it suitable for growing crops. It is essential to the requirement of the specific nutrients in the soil and its nutrient quantity. It will help to replenish the exact amount and type of fertilizer in the land. Extensive cultivation drains out specific nutrients from the soil. It is better to ascertain the nature of the nutrient requirement and then recommend the fertilizer.
- The soil testing equipment also gives the measurement of the Electrical Conductivity. It provides information about the conductivity of the soil particle. It is also an essential factor to focus on during nutrient management.
- Experts can ascertain the pH of the soil with the help of the soil testing equipment. The information about soil pH is useful in agriculture. It will help one to understand the nature of the soil in a particular region. Acidic soil is not appropriate for growing Indian staples like rice, wheat, and millets. The soil high in alkalinity is also not suitable for the growth of plants. It is necessary to measure the acidity or alkalinity of the soil to determine plant growth.
- The presence of organic matter in the soil is also a factor to focus on. The soil requires organic matter for proper nutrient uptake. The amount of organic matter determines the water holding capacity of the soil. Having details of the organic matter with the help of soil testing equipment is useful in agriculture.
There are many soil testing laboratory equipment suppliers who provide the necessary soil testing equipment in agriculture. This soil testing apparatus is useful for farmers and helps them increase their yield.