The health of the soil is one of the most important parameters that need to be evaluated every now and then. It reflects the effect of agricultural practices on the soil and also gives methods to adapt to strategies. This is also used to maintain the good condition of the soil. These days in the field of agriculture, proof shows that this percentage has improved. To make profits in the field of agriculture, every farmer, as well as agriculturist, needs to make sure that the fertility level is measured. This is then used to maintain soil fertility in order to attain high levels of production and quality while maintaining the prices. They need to focus on maintaining their goal as well.
The determinants for increasing agricultural productivity are soil fertility as well as health. In most of the countries, wherever soil degradation is prevalent, they need to maintain sensible soil fertility in order to innovate agricultural production. A farmer with soil healthcare needs to become pro-active and approach methods which will focus on nurturing the soil. These practices will ensure that the soil is sustainable, and the output is perfect, accompanied by lesser prices.
Here are some of the common nutrient problems which are found in soil testing:
- Iron and manganese toxicity: This toxicity can be very dangerous for the plants. It can lead to the death of the plant. The only way of limiting this toxicity is by giving proper water to the plant and maintaining its pH levels. If you keep the acid-base balance in the soil, your plant will be able to grow strong and healthy.
- Excess soluble salts: High growth medium electrical conductivity is a reason for the injuries of young transplants. Utilizing low rates like those between 50 to 100pm for slow-growing species must be done within one to two weeks after transplanting. You need to check for root diseases whenever a high EC drawback happens.
- Iron deficiency: The symptoms of iron deficiency typically show up as anaemia that commonly begins at the shoot tips, and they occur across the plant. The leaves of some iron-deficient plants turn white. Some of the vegetative plants, which are most vulnerable to iron deficiency are calibrachoa, Scaevola, Snapdragons and petunias.
Here are some of the reasons why soil testing is essential:
- Soil fertility can be checked by soil testing.
- Soil testing is useful in maintaining the health of the soil.
- pH status of the soil can be found out with the help of soil testing
- Farmers will have an idea of the fertilizers that need to be used. This will avoid financial losses for the farmers as well
These days, fully automatic soil testing machines are available in the markets which have made soil testing very easy. Having soil testing equipment for agriculture is essential. Using the soil testing equipment, the necessary changes can be made by the farmers who will, in turn, benefit from them.