Soil testing is an important element whenever it comes to the planning of construction projects. For this purpose, soil testing equipment for construction is very effectively utilized so that overall goals are easily achieved, and properties of soil can be determined very easily. It is very much important to know the exact content of moisture, presence of minerals and the density of the soil so that construction procedures can be undertaken very well.
Foundation is the foremost step in the process of construction, and in case it includes any of the defaults, then the whole construction can collapse very easily. So, the soil should include all the chemical as well as physical properties that very well help in managing the weight of the building. So, for this purpose soil testing is considered to be very much important.
Following are some of the tests which must be undertaken on soil:
- Moisture content test: This particular test is very effectively utilized in measuring and determining the moisture content in the soil. It includes several kinds of methods, for example, alcohol method, oven drying method, radiation method and several others. As per experts, the oven drying method is considered to be the best one because it helps to provide the most accurate results. The water level is also very important because it helps to find the level of humidity in the foundations.
- Specific gravity test: This particular test helps in providing information about the saturation of the soil along with the void ratio. The void ratio can be referred to as the ratio of the void volume to the volume of solids which are present in the soil. Soil should always consist of the low-value presence of organic content along with porous matter and heavy materials.
- Dry density test: This particular density test helps in classifying the soil into three kinds which include the dense, medium and loose depending upon the weight of soil samples. When the density will be low, this foundation will be very strong.
- Atterberg limits test: These kinds of tests are conducted to measure the critical water content of this oil and sometimes there are plastic limits, shrinkage limit and liquid limit that helps in displaying several attributes of the soil under different conditions.
- Compaction test: This particular test helps in determining the compaction characteristics of the soil and helps in giving the information about maximum dry density along with the optimum water content of the compacted soil.
All these kinds of tests must be properly conducted before going for construction of any of the structure. When the tests will be more suitable the construction will be effectively done and it is always recommended to go with these kinds of tests so that all the issues, in the long run, can be avoided. Hence, soil testing equipment can be very effectively and easily utilized in performing these kinds of tests so that wearing capacity of the soil can be understood and the people can have a complete idea about the definition of depth and length of pillars at the time of laying the foundations.