The concrete testing machine is very effectively utilized in conducting the quality tests on concrete so that construction can be perfectly done. Concrete can be referred to as the composite material which normally consists of a binding medium along with embedded particles and aggregates. So, this particular concept is very effectively utilized during the construction period and it should undergo several kinds of quality tests.
Some of these kinds of tests are mentioned as follows:
- Slump test before departing from the batching plant and on the arrival of the site: This particular test is conducted to calculate the workability of the concrete depending upon the slump test. A sample of concrete which is fresh is taken for this purpose and it is conducted in the form of several testing’s to make sure that it complies with all the standards and benchmarks. Then after arrival on-site again a sample is taken for the slump test to ensure that everything is in perfect condition and proper regard to the benchmarks.
- Compression strength test: This particular test is conducted with the help of samples of cylinders or cubes. It always depends upon the specifications and the whole process will end when the consultant will be highly satisfied with the sampling in proper regard to the benchmarks and standards.
- Water permeability test: This particular test helps in determining the durability of the concrete. For this purpose, three cubes are taken from the fresh concrete and are tested in proper regard to the benchmarks along with other standards. These kinds of tests are taken from the substructure concrete elements for example water Tank, foundations and several other areas.
- Rapid chloride ion penetration test: These kinds of tests are conducted with the motive of determining the durability of the concrete. For this purpose, three cubes have to be taken from the fresh concrete which has been delivered on-site and has been tested at 28 days age. These kinds of tests are also undertaken with the motive of proper compliance with the standards and benchmarks.
- Water absorption test: These kinds of tests are also undertaken with the motive of determining the durability of concrete. For this purpose, three cubes are taken as sample and they are kept in the curing tank for approximately 28 days and when 24 hours have been passed the sample is remoulded so that it can be directly sent to the third-party laboratory. The size of these kinds of testing and samples always depends upon the benchmarks and standards.
- Initial surface absorption test: For this particular test also three cube samples are taken from fresh concrete which has been delivered on the site. Then the whole sample is skewed as well as placed inside the during tank for 28 days before testing. The whole thing is undertaken with proper compliance with benchmarks and standards.
Hence, concrete lab testing equipment is also very well utilized throughout the process so that all the above-mentioned tests can be conducted very easily and the ability to resist the weathering action can be determined. Hence, these kinds of tests are considered to be very much relevant before undertaking any of the construction.